ŠKODA ELECTRIC a. s. – Clean energy
Škoda Electric as a part of Škoda Transportation group is a leading world manufacturer of public transport vehicles and electric traction equipment. Škoda Electric is a stable, strong and experienced European company, which guarantees quality, reliability and long-term cooperation. It continues in the tradition of the Škoda Works in Plzeň, which dates back 160 years.
The company prioritises the use of cutting-edge technology for its modern urban public transport and rail vehicles. It invests an average of 5 % of its annual turnover in the development of new products.
The company employs around 800 people, more than 200 of whom are specialists in technical development, projects and construction.
ŠKODA ELECTRIC and product
- Manufacturing of electric drives and traction motors for railway applications and mining vehicles
- Manufacturing of trolleybuses and electric buses
- Vehicle modernization and maintenance
ŠKODA ELECTRIC and goals
- Our goals are to support clean energy in transport and to contribute to the sustainable development of society
ŠKODA ELECTRIC and fuel cell technology
- In 2009, Škoda, in cooperation with ÚJV Řež, a. s., has developed a prototype of the first fuel cell bus in the Czech Republic called TriHyBus.